Please be aware that Dogs Abound is first and foremost, a daycare and boarding facility. There will be “non-participant” dogs on site at all times. These dogs will all be properly contained and visually out-of-range after business hours, but they may make noise and may be distracting to some participants. We may have dogs leaving the building up until close of daycare at 7pm. PLEASE follow the rules outlined below, and manage yourself and your dog appropriately, to ensure the safety of our class participants and business clientele.
- The structure of nosework class dictates that one dog work at a time. All “non-working” dogs will remain secured (in cars) or crated until their turn.
- We will provide a general crating area in the building for dogs that can relax quietly in between turns. You will be expected to provide your own crate.
- Dogs will not be permitted to wait between turns in the general search area on leash.
- When attending class, please keep dogs a safe distance from one another. Dogs may not be social, please do not allow your dog to approach another dog at any time. If a dog solicits social contact during a search, or at any other time, please ignore them.
- Make sure to potty your dogs prior to class. You may use the gravel area that runs the length of the west side (driveway side) of the building. Please keep your dogs out of the planters and succulents. Do not let your dogs lift their legs anywhere other than out in the gravel potty area. Please pick up after your dogs immediately, or notify us of any indoor accidents ASAP.
- You may park along the west side of the building (driveway side) or on the north side (street). Please be aware that people can/do drive quite fast along Linda Vista.
- Please do not arrive at the facility more than 15 minutes before your class starts. You may take this time to potty your dog and get organized.
- We strongly prefer you get your crate and other items, bring them in and set up, THEN bring your dog into the building.
- Please do not enter the lobby more than 5 minutes before class begins. There may be daycare dogs that are exiting the facility in the evening hours and they can be energetic and potentially reactive to strange dogs or people.
- Please stay in the lobby until otherwise directed to do so (instructor or Dogs Abound staff invites you into warehouse for set up).
- Please do NOT enter any area, including behind the front desk, kitchen, kennel area, etc without permission from Liz or Linda.
- You may use the restrooms in the warehouse near our general set up area FIVE MINUTES BEFORE CLASS HAS BEGUN AND DURING CLASS.
- PLEASE NOTE: there are MANY dogs on the Dogs Abound property at all times, some of which are not comfortable with strangers. For everyone's safety, please respect these rules.